Saturday, September 19, 2009

Colin MacDonald (singer of the band The Trews) - by Nancy Desrosiers

Colin MacDonald paintingoil on a canvas painting

I have not featured a painting in a while so I was glad when Nancy sent this to me. I love how she has captured the feeling of being at the concert. The singer is full of life, the lighting is amazing and Nancy’s painting style sparks movement on the canvas. The black background feels a little flat compared to the rest of the painting, but it could be that the background looks better in real life and does not translate well in a photo. In any case, this is not something that keeps me from enjoying the work. This is a strong painting and Nancy does a great job of bringing the singer to life.

source : Nancy Desrosiers - http://www.nannerland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment